Tuesday, March 8, 2011

my inspiration board


I had WAY too many ideas lying around on my desk, so after reading this blog, I decided to make myself an inspiration board. Luckily, I had a snow day to complete my project!

I found a big frame at goodwill ($6!) with an ugly picture in it.
I took out the ugly fox picture (apparently this was an original! No wonder it is so pixel-y)
Spray paint! Can you see all of that snow?! I had to spray paint on my front porch because I could only stand to be in the cold for as long as it took to quickly spray a coat of paint and then run back inside!
While the spray paint was drying, I cut out the joist sheeting that I had bought from Lowes (WAY cheaper than sheet metal! I found it in by the air duct materials).The blue was a little bit bright, so I glazed it with some old white paint mixed with water to give it some texture and tone down the blue.
While that was drying, I used my handy dandy glue gun to attach ribbon as a border. I tried to use materials I had on hand, thus the tiny polka dots. I may switch that out later if I find some ribbon that I like better (on sale of course!).
Then I put it all back in the frame and added some stickers. Again, I was trying to use things I already had-- I wanted to put some back vinyl in the shape of some scrolly damask or chandelier silhouette in the middle, but alas, the dollar store alphabet stickers will do for now!
Now it looks great above my desk! I can start pinning up all of my ideas and inspiration for new creative-ness!

2 comments: