Throughout the year my students make several class books. I especially love doing A to Z books. Most recently we made A to Z books for the secretaries at our school (Mrs. Higginson is Awesome, Beautiful, etc). Each kid gets a different letter and it makes it more fun to read rather than having all the kids do the same thing.
We were reading an A to Z artifact book that had all sorts of different historical artifacts, so we made our own 2010 A to Z artifact book. The criteria was: 1. What is it? 2. What is it used for? 3. Who uses it? This is some of what they came up with: (I thought they were hilarious, and in some cases very clever)
A is for Apple. We uss apples for snaks. Apples have been around for a long time.
B is for Base (Bass). It is So tall it is hard to play! You play it with musicians at a place. Anytime you want.
C is for Camal (camel). a camal is ugly. and fat. and stoopid. and lets people ride on them.
(We only talk about capitalization EVERY DAY. Not to mention complete sentences... c'mon kid)
E is for Easter Eggs. Lots of people use easter eggs because it is a holaday! Lots of people use them a lot. Lots of places.
F is for Fish. Pleople used fish for oil to keep their skin from becomeing dry. Ther are a lot of kid of fish in the world. Fish oil is used in peels too. They have been around a long time. They live in rivers, seas, lakes, and ponds.
I is for Ice Cream. Ice cream is A flavored liquid frozen. Boys and girls use ice cream. It has been around for tons of years.
K is for Killowate. scientists use if for lights and phones.
M is for Megaphone. A person who talks to a large crowd uses one of these. It's like a cone, or electric device that amplifies the sound of a voise. You can use it at places such as track meats, circuses, and places with large crowds to get their attention. I don't know how long it's been around.
(haha an 8 year old who uses "device" and "amplifies." There's 1 in every class)
N is for Naked. A person without clothes. You will be in your home. You would be without clothes, uncovered, nude. You would be naked when you are in the shower.
P is for Platashin 3 (playstation3) It is the best. it has games. it is kool. I dont care when it was made.
R is for Ravioli. it is a type of pasta. It was started in Italy. lots of people use it. and like it.
T is for Treat. Some thing that is very good and tastey. Everyone likes this.
I love 3rd grade.
X-ray
6 years ago


Ha ha ha ha ha! Those are awesome!
ReplyDelete"I don't care when it was made." Hahahaha, me and Jimmy about peed our pants at that one. So funny.
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious. :) Awww kids!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, that was too funny!! Thank you for making me laugh, that was fun. The one about "naked" was the kicker, I laughed out loud. Oh man, it makes you wonder what you were like at that age. I'm sure I was just the same. I like to think I could spell better. Oh but the kid who used the big words?! Hahahaha! So funny! I bet you love your job.
ReplyDelete