Avatar
We saw Avatar in IMAX 3-D and we loved it! Brian bought the soundtrack online minutes after we got home and we've already pre-ordered the Blu-ray (even though we don't have a blu-ray disc player... hmmm can you tell what our next big purchase will be?)
We had an awesome road trip to California, thanks to Tucson's Rodeo Break (my siblings were off.... I actually had to take off a few days of school)! Brian drove the whole 10 hours to Anaheim!
We LOVE Disneyland!

10 minute wait for Space Mountain? Brian has died and gone to heaven.
We also got to visit the Science Museum at USC and snuck over to get a picture by the Coliseum.
When we returned to Home Sweet Home, it didn't seem so sweet... Will spring ever come?
3rd Grade
Teaching is going great! I really love my job. My 3rd graders are 31 of the most awesome kids ever and we have a blast every day discovering new things. We are reading "Where the Red Fern Grows" for read aloud and it is so fun for me when they raise their hand in the middle and say "I have a connection..." or "I want to make an inference..."It is so awesome how they see themselves as readers and they feel so grown up analyzing literature. They are so proud of themselves and it is so cute.
We got to go on a sweet field trip to the Clarke Planetarium in Salt Lake! Brian even got to come (he's taking the picture).
Vanderbilt
Right after the field trip, I sent my students back on the bus with a sub and Brian and I took off to the airport. We had an awesome time at Vanderbilt's 2nd Look Weekend!
We LOVE Disneyland!
10 minute wait for Space Mountain? Brian has died and gone to heaven.
We also got to visit the Science Museum at USC and snuck over to get a picture by the Coliseum.
When we returned to Home Sweet Home, it didn't seem so sweet... Will spring ever come?
3rd Grade
Teaching is going great! I really love my job. My 3rd graders are 31 of the most awesome kids ever and we have a blast every day discovering new things. We are reading "Where the Red Fern Grows" for read aloud and it is so fun for me when they raise their hand in the middle and say "I have a connection..." or "I want to make an inference..."It is so awesome how they see themselves as readers and they feel so grown up analyzing literature. They are so proud of themselves and it is so cute.
We got to go on a sweet field trip to the Clarke Planetarium in Salt Lake! Brian even got to come (he's taking the picture).
Vanderbilt
Right after the field trip, I sent my students back on the bus with a sub and Brian and I took off to the airport. We had an awesome time at Vanderbilt's 2nd Look Weekend!
It's too bad we didn't take more pictures while we were at Vanderbilt. We actually had a blast! Especially the night that everyone else went out drinking and we got to play volleyball for 3 hours with all the other students who didn't want to drink! :)
The only "grumpy point" of the weekend was the fact that I was not invited to any part of the second-look-weekend besides the banquets. Brian even tried to get me a free t-shirt (they were giving them out to all the prospective students) and they wouldn't let him have one! Yet... there was another married couple there and she tagged along to the all-day events! Still, I wasn't too bugged by it because I got to sleep in (wonder of wonders), lounge around the hotel, watch Harry Potter on ABC, and I even went out and bought Krispy Kreme donuts. It wasn't a bad day. :)


so the picture of your apartment complex you took with snow all over outside....my brother and his wife live in the same complex. i visited them all the time this past winter! i totally could have stopped by if i knew your address. sad day!
ReplyDeleteWow looks like you guys have been up to a lot of fun things lately! Did I realize you had 31 kids? I can't remember if you told me that, but that's such a handful Natalie! How do you do it!? I love how well you are training them to really try and dive into the books they read. Fabulous! Way to be awesome!
ReplyDelete