Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I GOT A JOB!

My trip to Nashville 3 weeks ago was not in vain! I had a few good interviews and I got to see our townhome (holy SPACIOUS!)!

In one of my interviews, I met a wonderful principal who actually didn't have any positions at her school open, but she (for some reason) just loved me. Ever since I got back to Utah, she has been emailing me and calling me and taking my resume around to all of her principal friends.

Yesterday she called me (I was in Old Navy at the time):

Principal: *heavy southern accent* Hi Nat-lie! How are you?
Me: I'm great! How are you doing?
Principal: Fine! I'm just here with my best friend having lunch and she has a 4th grade position open, do you want to talk to her?
Me: Oh! Sure! Yes, please.

I talked with her friend who told me all about her school and then said that she is in the middle of moving and working on her dissertation so she is really busy. She said that since her best friend was just singing my praises she was going to trust her best friend and hire me. (!!!!!!)

So I will be teaching 4th grade in the city of Madison, Tennessee!! It is just a 15 minute drive from where we are living in Nashville! I am so excited!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm sure that is one less thing to worry about as you move out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, I am so happy for you!! What a relief. You are so awesome, I knew you'd get a job! I mean, who wouldn't want to hire you? Hope everything's going well for you and good luck with the move! (This is Katie Nibley, by the way...sorry for being creepy/stalkerish, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Natalie! I hope you like 4th grade as much as 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful! Good luck with your new chapter of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!
    I hope you start talking with a southern accent, too. Oh what a relief for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome! Way to be so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I'm so glad that worked out for you! It sounds like everything is coming together!

    ReplyDelete