Sunday, November 22, 2009

What I am thankful for

With Thanksgiving coming up, I was thinking of some the things I am thankful for:

#1. I am thankful for BrianThis is Brian after eating a cream puff the size of his face

I am so blessed to be married to by best friend! He is everything to me! He makes me laugh and laughs with me. He plays the piano and violin with me. He explains the finer points of football to me. He listens to my endless stories of third grade. He plays frisbee with me. He is patient with me in every situation. He respects me and honors me. He tells me everyday that he loves me. He tells me that the macaroni and cheese tastes great even when the sauce comes out lumpy. He keeps me warm when I am cold, which is most of the time. He puts up with me talking (and singing) in my sleep. He tells me I'm beautiful when I don't feel like I am. He encourages me to be my best and inspires me to be even better. He is the best husband I could ask for. What would I do without him?!

#2. I am thankful for my family
I am so blessed to be part of such a wonderful group of people! The Wrights, the Evans, the Oldhams, and everyone in between! I am thankful to have so many people who love and support me and are such great examples to me.

#3. I am thankful for the temple
The temple is such a beautiful place where such beautiful ordinances are performed! I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father has provided such a great plan to help us to return to him. I am thankful for the eternal truths that I can learn when I go to the temple. I am thankful that I can serve my brothers and sisters by going to the temple and serving to unite families forever. I am thankful that I can be with those I love forever because I have been sealed to my parents, my brothers and sisters, and my sweet husband for time and all eternity.

#4. I am thankful for good friends

I can't put a picture for this one because inevitably I would leave someone out. I feel so blessed to be friends with such amazing people. I work with amazing people at school who are always there for me and love me even when I'm not perfect. They help me "lower my affective filter." :) I also have so many great friends in our complex and ward. Just this week while Brian has been gone, someone has invited me over every night to make sure I wasn't feeling lonely. They are such great examples to me of loving service. I am thankful for wonderful neighbors who are our great friends. I am thankful for those friends who, even though we don't see each other often, are always there-- all of those friends who can pick up our friendships right where we left off, no matter how much time has passed. I am so thankful for all of my friends-- they are all wonderful examples of strength, endurance, kindness, and service.

#5. I am thankful for my job
These are my students eating noodles with chopsticks. We were reading a story about a girl from China.

I have the best job in the world! Every day is different and exciting. I love my students to pieces (even when they drive me crazy!). I am so thankful to be a teacher and learn so much from these fun boys and girls. I love watching them learn. I love seeing their curiosity grow. I love it when they find that book that sparks a love of reading inside them. And I love reading Harry Potter to them on the rug.





1 comment:

  1. Natalie, you are wise beyond your years! Brian is lucky to have you, and so are your 3rd graders. I'm guessing you won't be home for Thanksgiving, so I hope you have a good one! We will miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete