Monday, May 20, 2013

Hiccups and Quilts

3 1/2  more days of students
5 more days of work 
22 days until James (Elder Evans) gets home
54 days until my cousin Julie gets married
and 
70 days (approx) until Baby Girl comes!

 
Yay! We are 3/4 of the way there! Baby Girl seems to have run out of real estate inside my torso and is rapidly expanding outward. According to Brian I "look a lot bigger in real life, the picture doesn't show how big Baby Girl is." According to BabyCenter.com, she is probably almost 16 inches long and weighs about 3 pounds. Her bones are strengthening, which I can definitely tell based on the visible bumps and bulges she makes when she decides to wiggle.

Last week she had hiccups for the first time! I was actually pretty worried because I was lying down and I felt some repeated bumps in the same place near my belly button. But they were too consistent to be normal kicks/punches. My first thought was that I was feeling my own pulse, but after realizing it was NOT my pulse, I jumped to the conclusion that it must be HER pulse and HOLY COW WHY CAN I FEEL HER PULSE?! Then I remembered a BabyCenter email from several weeks ago mentioning that I may be able to feel hiccups from this point on. I calmed down and laughed at myself for a while, then Brian got to watch/feel them for a bit. After getting up and moving around for a while, they stopped, but later that evening they were back. I haven't felt them since, but it was definitely a weird experience!

I also took a trip to Hobby Lobby and found some fun prints for Baby Girl. The lady at checkout just looked at my pile and said "Lemme guess-- you're having a girl?"
But I can't start working on baby girl stuff until Julie's wedding quilt is done. It is going to be awesome, I am so excited for the final product! But so far this is what it looks like:
 
I have all the fabric cut, which means I'm approximately 30% there! My goal is to be done this week... we'll see if I make it!

6 comments:

  1. You are such beautiful woman, I knew you would make pregnancy look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. you are fabulous and I miss you. I am making something for baby, but the way I roll it may get there sometime in the first year of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you, too! Ooh, I am excited-- you are so crafty! thank you!

      Delete
  3. How do you have time to sleep with all the quilting you are doing?

    I am so excited for you two, you look great. It looks like you have a wonderful and eventful Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Baby girls are awesome! I'm so excited to see what you create!! Lauren

    ReplyDelete