Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Hero



My little sister is one of the most amazing people! She is kind, selfless, caring, patient, and always willing to help. I feel bad because sometimes I get grumpy around her because she is so good at so many things that I am trying to work on myself. But she is always sweet and patient with me.

Sarah has been called to serve in the California, Fresno mission speaking Spanish (exotic, yet domestic)! She flew up to Provo on Friday with my parents. My parents left on Sunday and I got to be my sister's companion for 2 days until she reported to the Missionary Training Center. It was fun to have her tagging along to my class and the different errands I had to run. She took her scriptures with her everywhere and read, because she was determined to finish the Book of Mormon before she reported to the MTC.

I was pretty much in denial the whole time. I kept thinking "she is going to be living literally down the street from my house for 8 weeks while she learns how to teach in Spanish." I just ignored the little detail that I won't be able to see her or speak to her even though she is that close...

We dropped her off at 8am on Wednesday, so I could get to my school by 8:30. That was when it hit me. My baby sister is going on a mission! I can write her letters, but I won't be able to see her for A YEAR AND A HALF. I know it will go quickly, but so many things are going to happen in that year and a half. Moving, medical school.... and who knows what else.

I am so excited for Sarah, she is going to be a fantastic missionary.

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely keep my eye out for Sis. Evans. Although, since she is Spanish speaking, I'm not sure how much our paths will cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I hear ya, my brother and one of my best friends were in the MTC at the same time while we lived in Wymount. I just had to pretend he was a million miles away. I actually ran into my wonderful friend and her companion at the Provo temple, not on purpose. I even went at a time I knew she wouldn't be there and then that day, they had happened to switch times. So, you never know :)

    ReplyDelete